Last Friday we celebrated and had fun at our biggest annual fundraiser, our Beer Tasting event! This year we used the theme of medicine as the hospital building that we are in turned 100 this month.
Pacific Wine and Spirits
This was a very fun theme to create from, and easy to do......
- we of course recommended people come dressed in costume - there were doctors, nurses, patients, and even a "blood" costume (which won our grand prize draw, donated by Mark Anthony Group, of a countertop wine bottle fridge)
- we changed all the signage in our building to reflect those you'd see in a hospital
- we added colored tape to the floor from the entrance, to follow to other parts of the event (ie follow the blue tape to the bar)
- the band, a local group called DNR, is a group of doctors and nurses, mainly from the emergency room at the Lethbridge hospital - they played some excellent rock music!
- event bracelets said "Emergency Room" on them and people had to report to triage upon their arrival
- we offered complimentary samples of Panago's Organic Juices in test tubes
Girls Night Out Wines
With some amazing sponsors - Davidson and Williams, Quintus Financial (Terry Mah), LA Liquor, Panago Pizza, Days Inn, http://www.clubandpub.ca/ , http://www.lethbridgevents.com/ , and Pyramid Entertainment
fantastic support from Cremo Cream, Imbibe Magazine, LA Chefs, Lasting Impressions Airbrush Tattoos, Petris Liquor, http://www.fatpacking.com/ , Golden Hour First Aid Services, Stage Right home staging, and the Sandman Inn
the silent auction donors such as Bert and Mac's, Custom Creation Gift Baskets, El Dorado RV, Galko Homes, Gas King, Heidelberg Inn, Honkers Pub, Lethbridge Historical Society, Lethbridge Living magazine, Lethbridge Lodge, Pauline Johnston Antiques and Collectibles, Sandman Inn, Spiralz Creations, Stage Right home staging, and Sweet Ideas
Lasting Impressions Airbrush Tattooing
Thanks to everyone for supporting the Galt Museum & Archives. We hope you had fun and look forward already to next year's event!